Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Happy Afternoon

Having an "artist connection" is such a blessing! I was truly surprised when I did a quick check of my email while I was at work and found that three of the items that I posted had buyers! As the afternoon went on, I armed myself with a variety of boxes in anticipation of packing the treasures up on Thursday and Friday. A big thanks to those who have helped me to free up some space in the studio.
I have been selling my various "libraries" on EBay, and half.com, for over 5 years, and each deposit to my checking account has been a blessing - no matter the amount. Living by myself, in an apartment, has changed my financial "situation" drastically, so the income from selling some of my art supplies is a big help. However, the joy I get from packing, and sending, these things far outweighs their monetary value.
Many of you, perhaps most of you, have collected your art supplies carefully, choosing those things that you think will be the best for you to have at a particular time. We like to explore - brushes, pigments, mediums, papers, sketch and paint books, journals and planners - and we imagine what we might do with them, what special project we will use them for. Each item in our collection, each new acquisition, has an idea, hope, or dream that gets put on the shelf, or in the drawer, along with it.
With the change in my living space, I am having to change my ideas and dreams. When I pack up my things to send to you, I am sending along with them the care that I took in making those choices. As my collection gets smaller, I hope that your creative endeavors will grow larger. As I put the postage on the boxes, I am sending you encouragement to work toward the realization of your artistic dreams. Maybe, just maybe, some of ideas and dreams that I put on the shelf with my treasures might be passed on to you, and bring you joy.

1 comment:

  1. Smart girl! I have a lot of art supplies I should share too!

    ReplyDelete